What is Dropshipping?
Dropshipping has been around long before the internet, Dropshipping is probably the cheapest way you can start a business, and the best thing is it can be very profitable depending on how you do it.
Have you ever bought something from a store and was told that it's a special order item only, and it will be at their/your location by a certain date? This process is called Dropshipping. Instead of taking up valuable space, or having to sit on inventory/money for long periods of time, they order directly from their supplier as it is purchased from their store. This saves a lot of overhead/money by doing it this way.
The great thing is you do not have to pay for the products until after your customer has paid you for the sale. This allows you to have access to millions of dollars in inventory to sell at no upfront inventory cost to you, and of course it saves you the high overhead of operating a warehouse of your own or sitting on stale inventory that doesn't sell.
The entire Dropshipping system works in these 5 easy steps
1. First, you find products on our website you would like to sell.
2. You add the products you find on our website to your ebay, amazon, bonanza, your website, social site, emails, local classified ads, brick & morter stores and/or anywhere else you feel you can find buyers to purchase the products. Think of it like this, the more products, and more places you have to sell them, the more money you will make.
3. A customer visits your store and makes a purchase. They pay you directly for the product. After that, you would come and place the order with Dropship Town at a lower price than what you just sold it for, and you keep the profit. This allows you to run your business as if you had the all the inventory sitting in the next room.
4. Once we have received your payment, we ship the order directly to your customer on your behalf. This way your customer thinks the order is coming directly from you. You will recieve tracking for every order you place that you can provide to your customers. If you use our automated system to place the order, we will even automatically upload tracking to your sales channel (ebay, amazon etc).
5. Final step, Repeat steps 1-4 over and over again for more profit.